Reena is joining forces with Circle of Care’s iRide Program to offer a Secure Medical Transport (SMT) service to take individuals and their caregiver/chaperone to a designated COVID-19 test facility, when directed by Telehealth Ontario, or referred by a Physician to get tested at an Assessment Centre.
This service is being put in place for:
- Reena Residential Care individuals and their Direct Support Professional
- Reena Independent individuals and their Direct Support Professional
- Reena Families who have individuals living at home
- Current registered users of iRide / Circle of Care
Reena Secure Medical Transport drivers:
- Have been trained in the proper use of masks.
- Will provide masks to the individual being tested and their Caregiver/Chaperone, if they themselves do not have the proper mask.
- Are responsible for disinfecting the SMT Van after each use.
We ask that individuals and their caregivers who have their own masks please be wearing them properly when they are picked up. Reena SMT drivers will provide masks if you do not have one.
To be eligible for a Secure Medical Transport you should complete the iRide form and include the agency you are registered with.
Note: filling out this form does not guarantee that your trip will be approved – iRide staff will contact you with trip confirmation
Before you request a Secure Medical Transport:
- Complete the self-assessment from the Ministry of Health: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- Call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. Please record your case number, if available.
- If referred to get a test by your Physician, please have that referral paperwork
Hours of Operation
This service operates Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 4:30 only. Service does not operate on statutory holidays, or on days of Jewish Religious Observance.
For any questions, please contact Fred Winegust, email@example.com
Reena Stakeholder Relations and Manager Secure Medical Transport.