Who is eligible?
iRIDEplus is designed for frail seniors/adults with age related conditions, adults with physical or cognitive disabilities, and adults with mental illness requiring an escort, who;
- require assistance when travelling; and/or
- find it physically prohibitive to use public transit; and/or
- are not eligible for municipally provided accessible transit; and/or
- reside in or are travelling to, areas where municipally funded accessible transit is not available
- Seniors who cannot drive or for whom there is no accessible public transportation
- Clients with disabilities 18 years of age or older who are not eligible for municipal services that may be available
- Clients with a stable medical condition
- Clients who are ambulatory or semi-ambulatory
- Clients with mental health issues who require a non-medical escort to appointments
- Clients emerging from selected Quality-Based Procedures (e.g.; stroke patients who need 7 days of rehab according to QBPs)
- Clients whose care is coordinated by a Health Link
- Clients receiving dialysis.
How can I schedule my first ride?
When you call, please identify yourself as a new client. You will be asked to participate in a brief assessment by one of our staff. The purpose of the assessment is to enhance your safety and connect you to other services as required.
What are your rates for transportation?
How do I book a ride?
What are the service hours?
Services are offered during the following hours:
North of Steeles: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm
South of Steeles: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm. Evening and weekend requests may be able to be accommodated.
Can I book rides for social appointments?
Yes, we can provide rides to social appointments. However, priority will be given to medical appointments.
How far in advance can I book my ride?
Rides can be booked up to a day in advance and sometimes we might be able to accommodate last minute requests.
Rides booked through Circle of Care can be booked up to 28 days in advance. Rides booked through CHATS can be requested up to 28 days in advance but will not be confirmed until 2 days prior to the ride.
Can I take my wheelchair or walker?
iRIDE is not wheelchair assessable. Walkers may only be taken if they are foldable. You must inform us of assistive devices at the time of booking your appointment.
Can I bring someone with me during my ride?
Yes, you can bring a support person to assist you with translation, vision, mobility or cognitive needs, there is no charge.
What if I cancel a ride? Will I be charged?
Rides booked through Circle of Care: Cancellations must be made by 12:00 p.m. the working day before the scheduled ride or you will incur a charge.
Rides booked through CHATS: There is currently no charge for cancelled rides.
What is Central HCCSS?
The Central Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) is the funder, planner and manager of the local health system. Central HCCSS works to identify priorities, allocate resources and plan for appropriate services to improve the health care system. The Central Home and Community Support Services provides funding for iRIDE Plus.
Central HCCSS is geographically varied and comprises sections of northern Toronto, a portion of Etobicoke, most of York Region and South Simcoe County.